Saturday 23 July 2011

Day Fifteen - Vintage Postcards

I thought I would share some info about the paper I created on yesterday's freebie as one of the ladies who downloaded it recognised some the names. I have a picture of my great grandmdother which has some lovely artwork on the backside which was my inspiration for yesterdays paper. I have been trying to find out some history about the photographers Williams & Williams without much success, but I do know that this picture is likely to be over 100 years old!

  




















I have a small colection of vintage postcards which have been kept in the family bible and I have decided to share a few of these with you in today's freebie, I do hope you will find a use for them in your scrapbooking or craft work.

A few photo's of the bible where I found the postcards


Sarah An Speed is the lady in the photo above.


There is a total thirteen children !!

I dont have a photo of the cover of my bible and another family member has it at the moment, but here is an exact photo of the one I own.





Now for today's preview and freebie link..... 




3 comments:

Ma Altoastral said...

Thank you very much! =)
Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful post cards, and the entries in your family bible. Wasn't the handwriting beautiful back then?

melliel said...

Thank you for the lovely old post cards!